Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#reverb10: travel

Prompt: Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?

Last summer, we packed up a large SUV and our four plus FBC's significant other traveled to Colorado, where we picked up my dad and met 45 folks from the church I serve at a lovely retreat center in Colorado Springs. We drove across the flatness of the Midwest and thought Nebraska would never end. We encounter the biggest black flies everywhere in Nebraska. For fun, we traveled with my colleague and his family, carrying walkie talkies in the car so that the teenagers in my SUV could point out trains and buffalo and other interesting sights to the six and four year old boys in the other car. We traveled well together and the time at family camp itself was wonderful. We really loved whitewater rafting and hiking and looking out every morning on deer as we gazed out at Pike's Peak.

Next summer, I'd like to travel back to Door County, Wisconsin, home of peace and quiet, in my mind, and, if possible, I'd love to travel back to Cape Cod and Cape May, former homes and vacation spots with oodles of memories.

1 comment:

Terri said...

what a fun trip you took! I've never been to Door county altough I have lived in the Midwest for over 40 years and lived in WI for awhile...but I hear it is really beautiful.