Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A soundtrack for life/Simple Ways


We're working on annual reports around here in preparation for our annual congregational meeting. A longtime dream of mine is to have a slideshow/Powerpoint that reviews the year in pictures to begin the meeting and set the tone.

My terrific colleague is working on the photos and I'm working on the soundtrack-- the excerpted song or two that will underscore photos of individuals and activities from last year.

I'm listening to Pandora, which is always a good thing and the closest thing I can find that feels like a soundtrack for my day. Right now it's Jason Mraz, followed by Matt Nathanson. It's a great pick-me-up.

I'm just getting started on music selection. Any suggestions for a great song that would serve as background for a year in review slideshow?

PS; Simple Ways is the latest Gunilla Norris book I've read. It is a lovely set of the simplest kinds of meditations spurred by daily life and objects. It's super!

9 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That's a tough question. Nothing springs to mind, but if I get a brainstorm later, I'll be back.

Jan said...

I can't help you with that.

There's a surprise for you over at my blog!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

sounds like a neat book...
soundtrack? oh dear... how about alison kraus... "palm of your hand"? just athought... but i'm alittle tired right now... think a nap would be nice, but confirmation class with junior high students begins soon... yeeha!

Rev SS said...

This sounds like a wonderful annual report (look forward to hearing what song you decide on) And, you make we want to have a copy of this book. (I got rid of some 50 boxes of books when I downsized, and am supposed to refrain from replacing all of them ... don't ask how that's going!)

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I am a bit late but I thought about "Seasons of Love" from Rent. Fabulous idea...let us know how it goes.

Jennifer said...

Purple: That's my ringtone!
And a cool idea.
Thanks, everyone!!!

Terri said...

A few years ago I did a powerpoint for the annual meeting at small church - it was awesome - but I could not figure out how to get the music to play with it - so I had to run a CD in addition to it - I used Celtic Spirit from the Narada Collection Series...instrumentals and vocals, a lovely rendition of "Be Thou My Vision."...(well, and my powerpoint was "Vision" focused)....hope it goes well!

Barbara B. said...

The year in review slideshow is a great idea! (I don't have a song popping in my head at the moment though...)

Diane M. Roth said...

I love the picture of the book. Another one for the list!

as for music, I hope you have some suggestions, because my mind is blank right now.

prayers for your annual meeting.