Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Five- some essentials...


Songbird's question for today is accompanied by the song "Take Me, Baby. or Leave Me". She inquires:

Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?

And I reply:

1. I love to listen. I really do. So, in conversation, if you think that I'm not disclosing enough about myself, it's because I'm genuinely interested in your story.

2. I'm only a borderline extrovert. I really need some time alone, now and again, to recharge.

3. Although I am an only child, I think I was really meant to have a bunch of siblings.

4. I have no confidence in the areas of home decorating or accessorizing.

5. I'm not certain what I want to be when I grow up.

Quilt by Leanne Beasley.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to meet St. Casserole! She excels at #4. But if you approached those tasks the way you do picking images for this blog, I'm sure you would be fine.

Sue said...

Beautiful quilt!!!

Lovely play!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

oh but look at that beautiuous quilt... and you say you have no confidence in home decor... *ahem* i just got back from fun store to buy lovely things to jazz up my home... wanna go shoppin?

Jan said...

Love the quilt picture. We so click on some of your answers--I'm also an only child and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, though I'm almost 60 (in two years)and I don't know how to think of color in my house!

Barbara B. said...

As for me, I have no SKILL in the areas of home decorating or accessorizing!

MumPastor said...

as I sit in my cat-scratched chair in the living room that is otherwise filled with grandmother's hand me down furniture, I can relate! Great play!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I really don't expend a lot of energy on decorating. There are just so many other things to worry about.

Loved your answers.

Jules said...

I am as 50/50 as a person can be on I/E scale of the Meyers-Briggs. I identify with #2 for sure.

Katherine E. said...

I love to listen, too, Jennifer. (Somehow, I'm not surprised that we are in sync about that.) People intrigue me.

And I'm with you on the Introvert/Extrovert scale, too. I'm thankful that I have enough E in me to love being with my congregants. They can really energize me.

I just have a sense that you are an amazing pastor.

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, love the quilt and your answer to #5. :)

I feel kinda like that myself, sometimes.