Sunday, January 25, 2009

For the time being


You who read this blog know that I have a marvelous call to a wonderful, healthy church.

To be sure, there are days that are too full, crises that would threaten to break a heart,all the same nagging, frustrating disappointments that anybody with a hope or a dream faces.

All in all, though,life is good. I have a treasure of a family I feel like I waited forever to find, I am being absolutely steadfast in my commitment to healthy eating and exercise, and to reference a thread of late among cabin-fever Revgals, my dog can fart with the best of 'em, but he's lovable and sweet (have you ever met a golden retriever you didn't like?).

We had a great Sunday-- I'll tell you about the amazing event we had tonight that served so many great purposes that I thought I was going to fall over from grinning at the fun and meaning of it all--and tomorrow's day off will be fine, I'm sure.

But here's the thing: We received such craptastic news on Friday, but it's unbloggable, at least for the moment. I have a heavy heart, despite all that is of good report. So, for the time being, I'll juggle the feeling that life will never be the same with Philippians 4:8.

And so it goes...

Flickr photo

9 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

I'm so sorry that the joy is mitigated by the heaviness.

Barbara B. said...

I'm sorry about the bad news part of things...

Diane M. Roth said...

praying for you.... take care, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news, but happy about your parish

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

The bitter and the sweet have a way of meeting each other head on...much grace...much peace.

Terri said...

ok. i have poured out my heart...I'll listen if you need to do the same....mompriest at gmail dot com.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you, hope you have someone/somewhere you can share in full. (((j)))

Rev SS said...

dang ... so sorry. My email is on my profile if/when you want to talk.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm sorry to hear that there is trouble of some kind. Saying a prayer.

Kathryn said...

Oh...that sounds like too much horridness. Praying after the event here. And Libby, my golden, sends love and wags and licks too.