Philippians 1:3 Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
Singing Owl offers this as the Friday Five on the RevGals blog:
I'm musing about giving thanks for people today, partly because Americans celebrated our annual Thanksgiving holiday yesterday (I try not to just make this holiday "turkey day" even though its main feature seems to be eating till one is nearly comatose) and partly because I read the above verse this morning. It started me thinking about individuals in my life for whom I give thanks. For this post-Thanksgiving Day Friday Five, share with us "Five People For Whom You Give Thanks to God" and maybe tell us why they are significant.
This is easy for me (although I will be cheating, by grouping folks,thereby making more room to give more thanks.)
1. Every member of my family of origin. They were strikingly interesting, smart, complicated women.Remarkable women, all members of the Church Triumphant now. I give thanks for them.
2. Every member of my family by covenant. DH and his family are all wonderful people. They've allowed me to be myself and embraced me as part of the family since Reagan was in office.
3. FBC and SBC. I give thanks to God for them every day. I still marvel that I gave birth to them. They are funny, messy, interesting people and they love me back. No one could ask for more.
4. The Godfamily. They are an outstanding assortment of kindness, gusto for living, values I respect and seek to emulate, cuteness, talent, and humor. Really. This is all true.
5. The siblings I never had. You know who you are.