Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thinking Out Loud






So many of my friends are grieving losses, are anxious about life and work, are struggling with work-life balance, feel victimized by the world around them.

I feel at a loss, because words seem so inadequate. I visit, I call, I stop by, I e-mail, I write good, old fashioned notes, take casseroles, and listen, listen, listen. I wonder if people expect more. Sometimes I sense that they want answers. What is God up to? Where is God? Is God? I don't have answers that feel right. I believe, but I also know about feeling very far-removed from God. Sometimes I sense anger directed toward me because I can readily affirm that life is messy, and sometimes that is all. Words seem so...limited.

And I feel like a empty-handed crafter, a inarticulate spokesperson.



Empty vessel from here.

6 comments:

Terri said...

I for one can affirm that your words and your acts of kindness and compassion are potent...beyond words. Thank you for what you have offered to me during this bleak time....

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

sometimes it is good for us to be empty... the holy spirit fills in the cracks, and god reaches thru those silences...

Jules said...

I can echo Mompriest. Your kindnesses to me are precious. Thank you.

Diane M. Roth said...

you have blessed me in so many ways. prayers for you in your emptiness...

Unknown said...

I imagine they find your presence quite a beautiful representation of God's love.

Rev SS said...

Add me to the list with MP, Cheesehead and Diane ... (((J)))