Thursday, September 24, 2009

Passwords with meaning


For some reason, my computer demanded a newer, stronger password. Because I've long used a memorable (to me) password that has no real meaning, I decided to select a memorable (to me) and meaningful password. I've been using it for about a week, and it's becoming a bit of a a practice or discipline.
Now, instead of typing some random letters and numbers, I type myself a recurring message that invites mindfulness and stress release.

And think of the possibilities! If I wanted to, I could reinforce all kinds of things with passwords such as:

howaboutalatte
nothingbeatsgreatshoes


or the mantra I'm repeating to myself when I or others utter words that really don't help achieve world peace:

parkyoursnark

9 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Here is my contribution

counttoten
godlovesasmile

and just for grins...
myplaceoryours

Unknown said...

feedthebirds

:-)

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

"parkyoursnark"... i should probably heed that advice more often... *sigh*

cool discipline though!

Barbara B. said...

parkyoursnark is brilliant! :)

Deb said...

takeadeepbreathbeforeyousayanything

thisisnormalthisisnormalthisisnormal

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

This is truly a brilliant idea.

Right now, I think mine would be "allshallbewell"

Diane M. Roth said...

I love parkyoursnark.

the Lutheran one: plantatree

Rev SS said...

love parkyoursnark! another good one for me would be: thinkgrace

Deb said...

LOLeveryday
feedthecat
coffeefirst

I have to say that this is fun. :)