Jan asks us to consider the following as we ready ourselves here in the States for the feast:
1. Where will you be on Thanksgiving Day? With whom?
We're going to drive to my in-laws in southern Illinois and our whole family (DH,FBC,SBC and FBC's delightful darling,plus Lucy the dog and me) will gather with DH's three siblings and many of their young adult children and pups. There will be seventeen humans, I think.
2. Are there any family traditions or memories associated with Thanksgiving?
I make cranberry sauce and cranberry orange relish from scratch. My SIL makes her grandmother's tea rolls. There will be parades to watch and football played in the side yard.
3. What will be on your Thanksgiving menu?
The aforementioned rolls and cranberries, several versions of potatoes, multiples pies, the bird, of course. Tomatoes and dumplings (??) and green veggies. It's a feast.
4. Are you trying anything new this Thanksgiving?
I migrated to the world of vegan eating this summer, so it will be new to me to forgo meat and dairy.
5. What is the weather forecast for this day (next Thursday)?
55 degrees and sunny.
Bonus: Prayer, poem, song, or whatever you choose to exemplify your image of Thanksgiving (giving thanks). John Bucchino's "Grateful" You can listen to it here: